- We are thrilled to have Patagonia on-board as a sponsor. Our race shirts, a first for RUFA!, will be Patagonia so you know you’ll have a garment that you’ll wear for many years.
- We are honored to again have the support of Drymax. All runners will receive a free pair at check-in.
- We have added two 6 hr category “waves”, see Format for details.
- Our 5 year permit has been secured.
Greetings RUFA Runners,
We are now less than one week out from the 2017 event. There are several CRITICAL items to communicate so please read on:
1) We have made a last minute change to the shuttle “city” pickup/dropoff location. Instead of the Olympus Hills Shopping Center, which we used in 2016, we have moved to parking lot behind the LDS church directly north of Wasatch Junior High School. Please review the website for details.
2) Revised shuttle schedule. The shuttle schedule has been altered from last year. For the morning start times of 6, 7, 8, or 9AM, we will be running 3 shuttles on a staggered (by 10 minutes) departure schedule. This will enable us to more easily handle the influx of people at check-in. Arrival times at Church Fork will allow between 20 and 40 minutes of time (depending on which shuttle you catch) prior to the start time for check-in and last minute preparations. Please review the website material for the shuttle schedule and download the .pdf. Also, if you have family/crew coming up, please ensure that they are aware of the shuttle pickup location and schedule and use the shuttle, our permit depends on it.
3) We have a wait-list! If for some reason you are unable to run please let us know ASAP so we can let in the next person on the wait-list.
And, finally, get psyched! This is going to be fun.
We’re very pleased to announce that Drymax has joined on as a sponsor. All participants will receive Drymax socks!
Through close interaction with the Forest Service we have been given the green light for RUFA 2017. Quick details below for planning purposes:
- Date : February 11th, 2017 (Saturday)
- Route : Same as 2016, which means we’ll be on the Church Fork trail to Grandeur Peak
- Race categories : We’ll have three this year : 6, 12, and 24 hrs
- 24 hr runners must start at 6AM on 2/11
- 12 hr runners may start at any hour, on the hour, between 6AM and 6PM
- 6 hr runners may start at any hour, on the hour, between 6AM (2/11) and 12AM on 2/12
- All three categories will end at 6AM on 2/12 (Sunday)
- Results will be published on Ultrasignh
- Shuttle : Just as with 2016, all participants, viewers, crew, etc. will be REQUIRED to utilize the shuttle service. Running will not be allowed to begin their race unless they have a ticket from the shuttle
- Registration : will open on 12/9/2016 with prices as follows
- 24 hr : $70
- 12 hr : $55
- 6 hr : $40
- # of Entrants : 120 total for all categories
- Other Details : Standby
One final note before we begin tomorrow. We are serious about the shuttle! When you board the shuttle you will be given a ticket. Presenting your ticket to the Church Fork Aid Station captain is required to be considered an official starter. Should you have driven up (i.e not followed the rules) you will be required to drive back down, catch the shuttle, and start with the next wave of starters.
Thanks in advance for following these instructions.